That's a Wrap!
Muck production started early Friday morning, July 31 and ended almost one week later at ~1:15am Friday, August 7. In that time span, we shot close to forty separate scenes at over a dozen different venues.
Our production was intense and grueling by necessity, but we all buckled down and soldiered through it. I can’t thank my cast & crew enough for their focus and dedication to this project, and I’m happy to report that we captured all the requisite footage without a hitch!
Aside from the tireless efforts of the cast & crew, there are dozens of individuals and organizations who helped bring Muck to life. It's impossible to thank everyone enough for making this production possible, but I’m going to give it a try. Here are just a few of the many, many individuals and organizations who contributed in ways large and small to the making of Muck:
- The community of Buckhannon, West Virginia;
- Daniel McMullen of Blackwater Video Productions;
- Freethink Media;
- The Centennial Motel;
- Cody Hollen (location scout & prop master extraordinaire);
- Tom Gillispie;
- Mike and Amy Coffman;
- Jason Minsker of Buckhannon Toyota;
- J.C. & Cindy Raffety;
- The Moss Family;
- The Nolte Family;
- Buckhannon Community Theater;
- T.K. Swoop & The Taylor Ave. Track Stars (Thom Keating, Jesse Milnes, Nathan Sams, Karl Smakula, and Ben Townsend of Questionable Records);
- Charles Blatz;
- Jeremy Michael Cohen;
- Matt MacDonald;
- West Virginia Wesleyan College Physical Plant & Theater Department, in particular, George Grant, Ken Andrew, Bob Skinner, & Tommy Schoffler;
- The West Virginia Film Office;
- Prof. Tommy Britt (George Mason University Dept. of Film & Video Studies);
- Jim Arnoff;
- Todd Hanna (Vineyard Prep);
- Sam’s Pizza;
- Mountain State Brewing, in particular, Stephen Dilettoso;
- The Record Delta, in particular, Amanda Hayes & Brian Bergstrom;
- The Donut Shop;
- The Kanawha Lounge;
- Bryson VanNostrand & ¾ Café;
- Skateland (the Stell Family) & dozens of extras;
Thanks again to everyone who helped make Muck possible! Now, it's on to post-production! Stay tuned in the coming weeks and months for production stills, additional podcast episodes, and our official trailer, which we hope to have ready to share sometime in the early fall!